Alentejo pork meat (meat pork with clams)2012-11-09
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 2:15 h
Rate this recipe:
A delicious typical Portuguese recipe, pork meat cut into cubes confectioned with clams in olive oil, wrapped in fried potatoes, sprinkled with chopped coriander.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) pork cut into cubes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 250 ml / (1 cup and 1 tablespoon) white wine
- Coriander (to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds) clams
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place the clams in water seasoned with salt for two hours to remove the sand. Then, wash them thoroughly under running water.
- Season the meat with red pepper sauce, unpeeled crushed garlics, bay leaf, salt, pepper and white wine. Wrap everything well and leave to marinate about an hour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. When the olive oil is hot, add the meat without the marinade and fry over medium-low heat until the meat turns slightly golden. Stir once in a while (reserve the marinade).
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, wash them, cut into cubes and fry them in hot vegetable oil. When they are fried, place them on a platter over absorbent paper and set aside.
- Add the marinade to the meat and simmer about two minutes. Add the clams, stir, cover the pan and cook until the clams starts to open. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- Place the fried potatoes, the meat, the clams and the sauce on a platter, mix and serve.