Aletria (angel hair pasta sweet)2013-03-12
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
A typical Portuguese sweet, with excellent presentation, very nice and easy to prepare, confectioned with angel hair pasta, milk and eggs, with a slight cinnamon aroma.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 25 grams / (1 ounce) margarine
- 500 ml / (2 cups and 2 tablespoons) milk
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- Lemon peel
- 3 egg yolks
- Cinnamon powder (to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon liquid caramel
- In a pan, place the milk, lemon peel, margarine, cinnamon stick, sugar and the liquid caramel. Stir with a wooden spoon, bring the pan over medium-high heat and simmer. When starts boiling, add the angel hair pasta, stir and cook about 10 minutes (stir once in a while for the pasta don’t stick to the pan).
- When the pasta is cooked and the milk slightly creamy, remove from heat and allow to cool about five minutes.
- Beat with a fork the egg yolks and mix quickly in the pasta. Place the angel hair pasta on a plate and garnish with cinnamon powder.
- Let cool and serve.