- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Cook for your family this tasty recipe of American meatballs! It’s simply delicious…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) minced beef
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) minced pork
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Breadcrumbs (to taste)
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) spaghetti
- 5 grams / (1/4 ounce) margarine to cook the pasta
- Salt (to taste)
- Mix the pork with the the beef. Season with chopped garlics, nutmeg, pepper, salt and an egg yolk. Mix well the seasonings. Mold the meat with your hands in the shape of balls and coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, chopped onion, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the meatballs. Stir, cover the pan and simmer over low heat about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat over high heat a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and margarine. When starts boiling, add the spaghetti, reduce to medium heat and cook for 10 minutes. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and set aside.
- Place the spaghetti on a plate together with the meatballs drizzled with the sauce.