Bacon and leek pie2016-08-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
This recipe of bacon and leek pie is light, delicious, easy to prepare and it’s great to serve with lettuce and tomato salad. Try it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) leek
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) raw bacon
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 1 medium onion
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) puff pastry
- Pepper (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 egg
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Cut the leek into slices and the bacon in pieces.
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion and the bacon in a frying pan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the leek and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a pie pan (approximately 24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with some butter, line with the pastry and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Meanwhile, whisk the béchamel, egg and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Place the bacon and leek mixture over the pie and drizzle with the béchamel mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake until slightly golden, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.