- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Do you want to prepare a simple cake but at the same time quite tasty and with excellent presentation? This butter cake is perfect for you! It’s ideal to serve at a party or snack among friends!! Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) butter to room temperature
- Zest of one lemon
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the butter and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.