Butter milk cake2015-07-07
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
A simple cake but delicious at the same time. Taste the butter milk cake and serve with tea. Ideal for a winter afternoon.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) softened butter
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 175 grams / (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- 75 ml / (5 tablespoons) milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (22 x 8 centimeters / (8 2/3 x 3 1/4 inches) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then, pour the milk, the butter and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven, unmold, allow to cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices):
Total Fat: 9 g(14%)
Saturated Fat: 5 g(25%)
Cholesterol: 90 mg(30%)
Sodium: 120 mg(5%)
Total Carbohydrate: 14 g(5%)
Protein: 4 g