Cake filled with egg yolk sweet and strawberries2014-08-08
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Going to have a party and want to prepare a delicious cake with excellent presentation? We have the perfect cake for you! A very pleasant cake filled with egg yolk sweet and strawberries!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- For the cake:
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) pineapple yoghurt
- For the filling:
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- A lemon zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) strawberries
- For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks, sugar and lemon zest until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the honey, the yoghurt and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove from oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool completely.
- Fir the filling:
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the whole egg; set aside.
- Heat over low heat a saucepan with milk, sugar, lemon peel and cinnamon stick. Stir with a spoon and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool a little.
- Add the eggs mixture stirring constantly. Place the pan back over low heat and stir with a spoon until obtain a quite creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Wash, remove the stem from the strawberries and cut into slices.
- Slice the cake in half with a long knife and fill with the cream and the strawberries slices. Cover with the top slice of the cake and serve (store the cake in the fridge).
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 3.5 g(5%)
Saturated Fat: 1 g(5%)
Cholesterol: 120 mg(40%)
Sodium: 75 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 34 g(11%)
Protein: 5 g