Caramelized apple cake2016-07-19
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
If you want to present a cake with excellent presentation, accept our suggestion! Prepare this delicious caramelized apple cake. Try it, you’ll love it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 red apples
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 6 eggs
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar to caramelize
- Wash, peel the apples and remove the seeds. Put the apples in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice to prevent from oxidizing.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Pour 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar in a round cake pan (approximately 25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)). Put the cake pan on the stove over low heat until caramelize the sugar (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and put two apples cut in slices on the bottom of the cake pan.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the liquid caramel and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a quite creamy mixture. Finally, fold with a spatula the remaining apples cut into small pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.