Caramelized apricot cake2014-06-18
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
If you want to make a good impression, prepare this caramelized apricot cake with excellent presentation. And it’s so tasty… a delight!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 10 apricots
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar to caramelize
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Place 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar in a saucepan and let the sugar caramelize over low until it stays with a brownish color. Turn off the heat and grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with the caramelized sugar. Cut 6 apricots in half and remove the kernel. Place them in the bottom of the prepared pan and set aside.
- In an electric mixer beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous texture. Then, add the cinnamon, without stop beating. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixed with the baking powder. Finally, fold with a spatula the remaining apricots cut into small pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until it starts to gain color (just like on the picture) and in the middle is a little bit higher than the rest of the cake, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 2 g(3%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 75 mg(25%)
Sodium: 65 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 40 g(13%)
Protein: 4 g