Caramelized plum cake2014-07-02
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Cake for the whole family with excellent presentation, confectioned with flour, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, lemon zest and plum, that goes to bake in the oven in a cake pan greased with caramelized sugar.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- 6 plums cut into pieces
- 6 plums cut in half
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar to caramelize
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Place the 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar in a pan. Bring to low heat and leave the sugar caramelize until stay with a brownish color. Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with the caramelized sugar. Place the plums cut in half on the bottom of the cake pan and set aside.
- With an electric mixer beat the eggs along with the sugar, cinnamon and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous texture. Then, add the flour mixed with the baking powder. Finally, fold the plum pieces with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture inside the cake pan and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 25 to 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 1.5 g(2%)
Saturated Fat: 0 g(0%)
Cholesterol: 60 mg(20%)
Sodium: 60 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 42 g(14%)
Protein: 4 g