- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
The carrot reveals its true flavor in this delicious carrot jam recipe. It’s a simple jam with excellent presentation, light, fresh and ideal for a picnic on a spring afternoon! Try it, you will not regret!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) carrots
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Wash, peel the carrots and place them in saucepan with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium-high heat and simmer for 30 minutes. When the carrots are cooked, cut them into small pieces.
- Place the carrot pieces together with the sugar, cinnamon stick and the orange juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until pureed, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and let cool to room temperature. Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed.