Carrot orange muffins2014-11-06
- Servings : 16 units
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
Fresh and fluffy, these carrot and orange muffins are great to serve with tea on a Summer afternoon.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of one orange
- Peel, wash the carrots and place them in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the carrots. Place them in a blender and blend on high until smooth; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease muffin pans with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar and the orange zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then, pour the orange juice and the carrot puree and beat for 1 to 2 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until creamy.
- Pour small portions of the dough in each one of the muffin pans (about two thirds of the pans) and bake for about 15 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove from oven and unmold. Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (16 units):
Total Fat: 1 g(2%)
Saturated Fat: 0 g(0%)
Cholesterol: 40 mg(13%)
Sodium: 50 mg(2%)
Total Carbohydrate: 21 g(7%)
Protein: 2 g