- Servings : 18 units
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Want an alternative to traditional croquettes? Try our chicken croquettes recipe! They are healthier and very tasty.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 450 grams / (1 pound) chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion to cook the chicken breasts
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a little olive oil and a small peeled onion. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, drain the chicken breasts with a skimmer and let cool slightly.
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces. Place the chicken pieces together with parsley, the onion cut into pieces, peeled garlics, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and some salt in a food processor and pulse until well chopped. Mold this mixture with your hands in the shape of croquettes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Coat the croquettes in breadcrumbs, then dip in the eggs mixture and finally, coat once more in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. When the oil is hot, add the croquettes and fry them until golden. When the croquettes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the croquetes with lettuce salad.
Nutrition facts per serving (18 units):
Total Fat: 3 g(5%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 40 mg(13%)
Sodium: 100 mg(4%)
Total Carbohydrate: 3 g(1%)
Protein: 6 g