- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
Going to invite your family for lunch? A chicken meal is always a good option, we suggest this fricassee chicken recipe, it’s very tasty and has excellent presentation!! Bon appetit!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 75 ml / (5 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 large onion
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 250 ml / (1 cup and 1 tablespoon) water
- 4 egg yolks
- Pepper (to taste)
- Juice of one lemon
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the chicken with salt, nutmeg, pepper and oregano.
- Place the olive oil and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 20 minutes until slightly golden, stirring occasionally. Then, add the flour. Stir, pour the white wine and the water, cover the pan and cook over medium-low heat about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, beat with a fork the egg yolks and the lemon juice. Remove the saucepan briefly from heat, add the beaten egg yolks and mix well. Place the pan back over low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve the chicken with chips.