Chicken in the oven with special sauce2016-01-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:30 h
Rate this recipe:
Serve this chicken drizzled with a delicious sauce in a special occasion, your visits will like and want to repeat. Try it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1/2 chilli
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the chicken pieces in a rectangular baking dish and season with salt.
- Place the tomatoes cut into pieces, peeled garlics, thyme, nutmeg, pepper, olive oil, honey and chilli in a blender and blend until a creamy sauce.
- Drizzle the chicken with the sauce, sprinkle with chopped coriander and marinate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Cover the rectangular baking dish with aluminum foil and bake about 50 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and serve with white rice.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 35 g(54%)
Saturated Fat: 6.5 g(33%)
Cholesterol: 289 mg(96%)
Sodium: 281 mg(12%)
Total Carbohydrate: 14 g(5%)
Protein: 110 g