- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
A delicious pie stuffed with minced chicken seasoned with salt, nutmeg, oregano, pepper and garlics, sautéed in tomato, olive oil and onions, topped with a béchamel mixture and sprinkled with grated cheese.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 chicken breasts (about 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds))
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- Oregano (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 1 egg
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Salt (to taste)
- 230 grams / (8 1/4 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces and chop in a blender. Season the minced chicken with a little salt, pepper, nutmeg, oregano and chopped garlics. Mix well the seasonings in the chicken.
- In a frying pan, place the olive oil, chopped onions and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Saute over low heat until the tomatoes start to break down. Add the chicken with the seasonings, stir with a wooden spoon and cook about ten minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Whisk the béchamel with the egg and a few drops of lemon juice; set aside.
- Line a pie pan (27 x 4 centimeters / (10 2/3 x 1 1/2 inches)) with the shortcrust pastry. Drain the chicken and place it on top of the pastry, cover with the béchamel mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place in preheated oven at 180ºC / (350ºF) about 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 50 g(77%)
Saturated Fat: 7.5 g(38%)
Cholesterol: 223 mg(74%)
Sodium: 418 mg(17%)
Total Carbohydrate: 36 g(12%)
Protein: 65 g