- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:25 h
- Ready In : 1:35 h
Rate this recipe:
Surprise your visits with this delicious and different chicken pudding recipe. Everyone will enjoy and want to repeat…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 150 grams /(5 1/3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 small onion to cook the chicken
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the chicken in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a peeled onion, a sprig of parsley and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 35 to 40 minutes. When the chicken is cooked, drain it and let it cool. Remove the skin and bones and flake the chicken with a fork; set aside.
- Peel the skin off of the chorizo and cut into slices. Place the olive oil, chopped onion, bay leaf, the chorizo slices and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion begins to turn golden brown. Add the rice and the chicken, season with a little salt and pepper and stir with a spoon. Pour the water (twice the rice volume), stir and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt pan (approximately 24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine.
- Pour the rice mixture into the prepared pan and bake about 25 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven, unmold and serve with lettuce and tomato salad.