Chicken with rice and chorizo2013-11-21
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
If you like chicken with rice and want to give a special touch to your recipe, try this version with chorizo, it has a divine flavor and more appealing. Dare yourself!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds) chicken breast
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- Oregano (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces. Peel the skin off of the chorizo and cut into slices.
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, the chopped onion, the chopped garlics, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, the chorizo, the bay leaf and the chicken. Season with salt, pepper and oregano, stir with a spoon and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the rice and season with a little more salt. Stir, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.