Chicken with rice and peppers2014-04-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
This chicken recipe with rice and peppers is a quick, colorful, nutritious and easy meal to prepare, ideal to present in any occasion! Bon appetit!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 chicken breasts (about 900 grams / (2 pounds))
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 large onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the chopped onion, the peppers cut into strips, the chicken breasts cut into pieces and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir and place the pan on the stove over low heat for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and season with a little more salt. Stir, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 29 g(45%)
Saturated Fat: 6.5 g(32%)
Cholesterol: 200 mg(67%)
Sodium: 238 mg(10%)
Total Carbohydrate: 55.5 g(18%)
Protein: 70 g