Chicken with rice and peppers2014-04-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
This chicken recipe with rice and peppers is a quick, colorful, nutritious and easy meal to prepare. It’s perfect to present in any occasion! Bon appetit!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) chicken cut into small pieces
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 large onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the chicken pieces together with the peppers cut into strips and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and red pepper sauce. Stir and cook over low heat for about 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and season with a little more salt. Stir, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.