Chicken with yoghurt2013-12-07
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:25 h
Rate this recipe:
This chicken recipe with yoghurt is divine, light and very tasty, accompany with chips and salad and it will be an excellent lunch for the whole family.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) natural yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, nutmeg, chopped garlics and lemon juice. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, onions cut into round slices, bay leaf and the chicken pieces together with the marinade. Stir and cook over low heat about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, mayonnaise and the chopped parsley. Add to the pan, stir with a spoon and cook more 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and serve the chicken with fries.