Chickpeas and cod salad2013-03-12
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare a simple, nutritious and quite tasty recipe? This chickpeas and cod salad recipe is undoubtedly an excellent option! Has excellent presentation and the combination of the chickpeas and the cod is delicious…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 desalted cod steaks (about 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds))
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) chickpeas
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- In a pressure cooker with water seasoned with a little salt cook the chickpeas for about 20 minutes. When the chickpeas is cooked, drain with a skimmer and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer. Remove the skin and bones and flake it with a fork.
- Put the olive oil, the onion cut into round slices, bay leaf and the chopped garlics in a frying pan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn sligthly golden. Add the chickpeas together with the cod and season with a little pepper. Mix well and cook about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.