Chocolate and banana cake2017-03-25
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Going to receive friends at home and want to prepare a delicious and special cake? Try this chocolate and banana cake that has a perfect combination of flavors!!! Bon appetit!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) chocolate powder
- 2 bananas
- Zest of one lemon
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (approximately 25 x 11 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 4 1/3 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, the eggs and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder, the liquid caramel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold the bananas cut into round slices.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool to room temperature and serve.