Chocolate cake topped with soft fruit2015-04-25
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
A wonderful chocolate cake recipe garnished with soft fruit, perfect combination of flavors that you must try.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) margarine
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- For the topping:
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) soft fruit
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (approximately 25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In a large bowl, place the chocolate broken into pieces together with the margarine and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and whisk until is creamy. Pour the sugar and stir well. Let cool about 5 minutes.
- Add an egg, whisk and repeat the same procedure for the remaining eggs. Finally, add the flour and mix everything well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven, unmold and allow to cool to room temperature.
- For the topping:
- Meanwhile, place the red fruit, cinnamon stick, rum and the sugar in a saucepan. Stir and place the pan over low heat about 30 minutes until thickens (pass a wooden spoon in the bottom of the saucepan and if it leaves a trail like a road, the sweet is ready), stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Use a spatula to spread the previous mixture over the top of the cake.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 18 g(28%)
Saturated Fat: 6 g(30%)
Cholesterol: 90 mg(30%)
Sodium: 130 mg(5%)
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g(9%)
Protein: 4 g