Chocolate orange marble cake2015-09-14
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Orange and chocolate always make a great combination, taste this chocolate orange marble cake, a delight…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) chocolate powder
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) softened margarine
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- Juice of one orange
- Zest of one orange
- 175 grams / (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Port wine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (25 x 10 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar together with the softened margarine and the orange zest until obtain homogeneous and creamy mixture. Add the eggs and the Port wine and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Divide the dough in two parts. In one of the parts add the chocolate powder and mix well. In the other, add the orange juice and beat well. With the help of a spoon, pour the dough alternately, one with orange and the other with chocolate and so on until finish the dough. Place at least four layers.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices):
Total Fat: 16 g(25%)
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g(18%)
Cholesterol: 90 mg(30%)
Sodium: 190 mg(8%)
Total Carbohydrate: 36 g(12%)
Protein: 5 g