Chocolate orange muffins2014-10-14
- Servings : 16 units
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
Prepare a quick snack with these simple and tasty chocolate orange muffins.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of one orange
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease muffin pans with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar and orange zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder and the orange juice and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour small portions of the dough in each one of the muffin pans (about two thirds of the pans) and bake for 20 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the muffins from oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (16 units):
Total Fat: 1.5 g(2%)
Saturated Fat: 0 g(0%)
Cholesterol: 55 mg(18%)
Sodium: 50 mg(2%)
Total Carbohydrate: 20 g(7%)
Protein: 3 g