Chocolate and pineapple cake2014-07-30
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
If you going to receive visits prepare this delicious chocolate and pineapple cake! It has excellent presentation and is very easy to prepare! Try it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 5 pineapple slices
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) dark chocolate
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) margarine
- 6 eggs
- For the cream:
- 175 grams / (6 1/4 ounces) powdered sugar
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) softened butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (23 x 7 centimeters / (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Put the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and whisk until a creamy mixture. Let stand about five minutes.
- Pour the sugar and mix well. Add an egg, whisk and repeat the same procedure for the remaining eggs. Then, beat the flour mixed with the baking powder. Finally, add the pineapple cut into pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold. Let cool completely.
- For the cream:
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the butter, milk and the vanilla extract until a very creamy mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the powdered sugar, the chocolate powder and beat until obtain a consistent cream.
- Place the cream in a pastry bag. Garnish the cake with the cream and grated chocolate.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 20 g(31%)
Saturated Fat: 8 g(40%)
Cholesterol: 105 mg(35%)
Sodium: 180 mg(8%)
Potassium: 140 mg(4%)
Total Carbohydrate: 40 g(13%)
Protein: 5 g