Chocolate roll cake filled with whipped cream2013-07-28
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Want to try a delicious dessert? This chocolate roll cake filled with whipped cream is wonderful! Soft and sweet, ideal to present at any party or special occasion! Dare yourself!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 4 eggs
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) dark brown sugar
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) softened margarine
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) milk
- Sugar for dusting
- For the filling:
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and reserve in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and the brown sugar until obtain a quite creamy mixture. Add the softened margarine, milk, chocolate powder, the liquid caramel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Line a baking tray (36 x 30 centimeters / (14 1/4 x 11 3/4 inches) ) with butter and parchment paper and spread the dough over the top with the help of a spatula. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until slightly golden (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven, let cool slightly and sprinkle with sugar. Place a tea towel over top and flip the cake over the table. Remove the tray and peel carefully the parchment paper. Cut with a knife the edges of the cake. Using the towel, start rolling the cake gently from one short end to the other; set aside.
- For the filling:
- Whip the cream with the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Unroll the cake and spread the filling with a spatula. Then, re-roll slowly to not break the cake (remove the towel as you rolling). Place the roll cake on a rectangular plate and serve preferably cold. Store in the fridge.