Chocolate strawberry marble cake2015-06-03
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Want to vary and make an alternative cake, try joining the delicious chocolate flavor with the strawberry aroma. The mixture is fantastic.
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) chocolate powder
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) softened margarine
- 5 eggs
- 200 grams (7 ounces) sugar
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) strawberries
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Port wine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stem and cut them into pieces. Place the strawberries in a blender and blend until obtain a creamy mixture. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar together with the softened margarine until obtain homogeneous and creamy mixture. Add the eggs and the Port wine and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Divide the dough in two parts. In one of the parts add the chocolate powder and beat well. In the other, add the grinded strawberries and mix well. With the help of a spoon, pour the dough alternately, one with strawberries and the other with chocolate and so on until finish the dough. Place at least four layers.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 14 g(22%)
Saturated Fat: 3 g(15%)
Cholesterol: 75 mg(25%)
Sodium: 160 mg(7%)
Total Carbohydrate: 32 g(11%)
Protein: 4 g