Chops in the oven with Portuguese cornbread2013-11-18
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Prepare the chops in a different way. Take them to the oven topped with a very tasty Portuguese cornbread, garlic and coriander mixture.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 6 pork chops (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 1 small Portuguese cornbread
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the chops with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Wash the potatoes and put them with the peel in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook the potatoes about 20 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Peel the onion and the garlics. Place the Portuguese cornbread, the onions cut into pieces, the garlics and the coriander in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- In a rectangular baking pan, place the chops and the potatoes. Pour the cornbread mixture over the chops, drizzle everything with olive oil and bake about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.