- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
The chorizo is a very popular sausage in Portugal that always gives a special touch to the meals. If you do not know what to do for lunch or dinner this chorizo rice recipe is ideal for you. It’s simple and very quick to prepare!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) rice
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, the chopped onion, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces and the chorizo cut into round slices. Season with oregano and pepper and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down.
- Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry for a minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with a little more oregano and serve.