Cinnamon and lemon sponge cake2013-08-27
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
With the cold days nothing like the comfort of a hot tea and a cinnamon and lemon sponge cake. It’s comforting, tasty and easy to prepare!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Pour the lemon juice, the cinnamon and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, unmold onto a plate, let cool to room temperature and serve.