Cinnamon and milk cake2015-04-08
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Homemade cake confectioned with a delicious blend of cinnamon and milk that can be served with tea or coffee.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar
- 225 grams / (8 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Port wine
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (26 x 7 centimeters / (10 1/4 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, the eggs and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy texture. Then, add the milk, olive oil, cinnamon and the Port wine and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve with tea or coffee.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 5 g(8%)
Saturated Fat: 1 g(5%)
Cholesterol: 60 mg(20%)
Sodium: 65 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 28 g(9%)
Protein: 4 g