Coconut milk cake2014-04-05
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Have you tried eating a slice of a delicious coconut cake?! This cake is delicious and the link between the coconut milk and the cinnamon it’s quite special!! We recommend! See how to prepare this recipe!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 175 grams / (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) coconut milk
- Zest of one lemon
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (25 x 10 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, lemon zest and the sugar until obtain homogeneous mixture. Add the coconut milk, honey, cinnamon and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely, garnish with chocolate shavings and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices):
Total Fat: 7 g(11%)
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g(23%)
Cholesterol: 90 mg(30%)
Sodium: 80 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 29 g(10%)
Protein: 5 g