Cod and bacon pie2017-09-22
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Going to have friends at home and want to prepare a different dinner? Prepare this delicious cod and bacon pie! You will surprise your friends with this quite tasty and pleasant recipe!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) desalted cod
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) raw bacon
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) puff pastry
- Coriander (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 1 medium onion
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Grease a pie pan (24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with some butter, line with the pastry and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Place the cod in a saucepan with water and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmet. Remove the skin and bones and flake it with a fork.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the bacon cut in small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat for about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the flaked cod and season with a little pepper. Stir and cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the béchamel and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Mix well and cook for more 2 to 3 minutes until starts bubbling.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Pour the cod and bacon mixture over the pie and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.