Cod with chickpeas in the oven2013-03-12
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Delicious recipe of cod with chickpeas seasoned with pepper, cooked in olive oil, onion and garlics, that goes in the oven garnished with boiled eggs, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) chickpeas
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 eggs
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Place the chickpeas to soak overnight.
- In a pressure cooker, with water seasoned with a little salt, cook the chickpeas about 20 minutes. When is cooked drain it and set aside on a plate.
- Meanwhile, place the cod in a pan with water. Bring to heat and simmer about five minutes. When is cooked, place the cod in a dish, remove the skins and the spines and shred it into slivers. Set aside. Cook the eggs in another pan.
- In a pan place the olive oil, chopped onions and the chopped garlics. Leave to sauté until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the chickpeas along with the cod slivers and season with a little pepper. Mix everything well and cook about two to three minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Place the previous mixture in a glass baking dish and, on top, the eggs cut into round slices. Bring to preheated oven at 180ºC / (350ºF) about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.