Cod with eggs2013-11-20
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
There are plenty of cod recipes in Portuguese cuisine, but we suggest this delicious and easy cod recipe with eggs with the traditional Portuguese flavors.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 900 grams / (2 pounds))
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 900 grams / (2 pounds) potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 1/2 green pepper
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the eggs in a saucepan with water. When the eggs are cooked, peel them and set aside. Cut the cod steaks into pieces. Peel, wash the potatoes and cut into cubes; set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, the peeled whole garlics, the green pepper cut into small strips, and the bay leaf in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces together with the white wine and cook over medium-low heat for about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add the cod and the potatoes, season with a little salt and pepper and cook over medium-low heat about 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and place the cod and potatoes on a platter. Garnish with the eggs cut into round slices, drizzle with the sauce and serve.