Cod with onions in the oven2013-11-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
A recipe of shredded cod, confectioned in a sautéed of onion, olive oil, pepper and garlics, mixed in potatoes, which goes in the oven with boiled eggs, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / 1 2/3 pounds))
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium onions
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250 ml / (1 cup and 1 tablespoon) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the cod in a pan with water. When is cooked, remove the skins and the spines and shred it into slivers. Set aside.
- Wash the potatoes and cook them with the peel along with the eggs in a pan with water seasoned with salt. Remove the peel from the potatoes and cut into round slices. Remove also the shell from the eggs and set aside.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices and the chopped garlics. Season with a little salt and pepper, stir and bring to low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Add the cod slivers, stir and cook about five minutes. Mix gently the potatoes in the cod and turn off the heat.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish, garnish with the eggs cut into quarters and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 64.5 g(99%)
Saturated Fat: 10 g(49%)
Cholesterol: 226 mg(75%)
Sodium: 249 mg(10%)
Total Carbohydrate: 45 g(15%)
Protein: 52 g