Cod in the oven with tomato and Portuguese cornbread2014-07-25
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
We present a cod recipe covered with a delicious blend of olive oil and Portuguese cornbread.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium ripe tomates
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) Portuguese cornbread
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- Coriander (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying the potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut the cornbread into pieces. Place the cornbread in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs; set aside.
- Place 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil, five chopped garlics and the peeled tomato cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the grinded cornbread and season with some salt and pepper. Mix with a spoon and turn off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Place the cod steaks in a baking pan together with five unpeeled crushed garlics. Put the tomato and cornbread mixture over the cod and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Bake about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into thin round slices and fry in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Turn off the oven and sprinkle the cod with chopped coriander. Serve the cod with chips.