Cod in the oven2012-11-07
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 1:20 h
Rate this recipe:
Cod is the king of Portuguese food and it is fundamental to gather the whole family to the table! This cod recipe in the oven is ideal for a tasty family dinner. Try it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 medium onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- On a baking pan, put the onions cut into round slices, the cod steaks cut into pieces, the peeled potatoes cut into cubes, and the unpeeled crushed garlics. Season with bay leaf, pepper, salt and drizzle with white wine and olive oil. Bake until the cod and the potatoes start to turn slightly golden, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.