Cod in the oven2012-11-07
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:30 h
- Ready In : 1:40 h
Rate this recipe:
Cod is the king of Portuguese food and it is fundamental to gather the whole family to the table! This cod recipe in the oven is ideal for a tasty family dinner. Try it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) white wine
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- On a baking dish, put the cod steaks cut into pieces, the peeled potatoes and the unpeeled crushed garlics. Season with bay leaf, pepper, salt and drizzle with white wine and olive oil. Bake until the cod and the potatoes start to turn slightly golden, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Occasionally drizzle the cod and the potatoes with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve.