Cod with peppers2012-11-06
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare an easy dinner for the whole family with excellent presentation and delicious? This cod recipe with peppers is very pleasant and everyone will love it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 900 grams / (2 pounds))
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) small potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash the potatoes and cook them with the peel in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them, cut them in half and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook the cod about 6 to 7 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer. Remove the skin and bones and flake the cod with a fork.
- Place the onions cut into round slices, the peppers cut into strips, chopped garlics and the olive oil in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the flaked cod and the potatoes, season with some pepper and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Cook over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.