- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
A very tasty and easy recipe to prepare, pie stuffed with shredded cod sautéed in olive oil, onion and garlics, topped with a sauce prepared with egg, béchamel, pepper and chopped parsley, that goes to oven sprinkled with grated cheese.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) desalted cod
- 200 grams / 7 ounces) puff pastry
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml / (3/4 cups and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel sauce
- 1 egg
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the cod in a pan with water about five minutes. Once cooked, drain it and place on a plate. Allow to cool slightly, remove the skins and the spines and shred it into slivers.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, chopped garlics and the chopped onion. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the cod, stir and cook about five minutes. Stir once in a while.
- In a bowl, whisk the béchamel and the egg. Season with some salt, pepper and chopped parsley. Mix well and set aside.
- Line a pie pan (24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches) with the puff pastry and prick the bottom with a fork. Pour the cod and on top, the béchamel mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bring to preheated oven at 180ºC / (350ºF) about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 39 g(60%)
Saturated Fat: 8.5 g(43%)
Cholesterol: 127 mg(42%)
Sodium: 484 mg(20%)
Total Carbohydrate: 31 g(10%)
Protein: 42 g