Cod salad with Portuguese cornbread2013-01-19
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
This cod salad recipe with Portuguese cornbread is light and ideal for a Summer lunch! It’s easy to prepare! Serve with natural orange juice!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 700 grams / (1 1/2 pounds) potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) Portuguese cornbread
- 1 small onion
- Olive oil (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Lettuce (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut into squares and cook them in a saucepan with water seasoned with a little salt. Cook the eggs in another saucepan. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and set aside. When the eggs are cooked, peel and cut them into small pieces; set aside.
- Place the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 6 to 7 minutes. Drain the cod with a skimmer, remove the skin and bones and flake it with a fork.
- Place the Portuguese cornbread, the onion cut into pieces and the parsley in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Wash the lettuce and cut it into pieces. Place in a bowl together with the potatoes, the flaked cod, eggs cut into small pieces and the Portuguese cornbread mixture. Drizzle with olive oil, season with some pepper, mix all together and serve.