Cod and shrimp pie2014-03-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
On any occasion, whether at a party or at a family lunch, this cod and shrimp pie is ideal, has great presentation, is easy to prepare and everyone will want to taste!! Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) desalted cod
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) puff pastry
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- Juice of half lemon
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) shrimp
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg
- Coriander (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the shrimps in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and an unpeeled small onion. Boil over high heat. When the water starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 5 minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Peel the shrimps, cut into pieces and season with lemon juice and pepper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the cod in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for about 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the skin and bones and flake the cod with a fork; set aside.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlics and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown. Add the flaked cod and the shrimps and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a pie pan (approximately 24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with some butter, line with the pastry and prick the bottom with a fork.
- In a bowl, combine the béchamel, the egg, the pepper and the chopped coriander.
- Pour the cod and shrimp mixture over the pie and drizzle with the béchamel mixture. Bake until slightly golden, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and serve.