Cod with tagliatelle2017-07-19
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare cod differently? Try this cod recipe with tagliatelle drizzled with a delicious sauce of béchamel and whipping cream! It’s an easy meal to prepare and very tasty.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds) desalted cod
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) tagliatelle
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Thyme (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Dried coriander leaves (to taste)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) béchamel
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) whipping cream
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer. Remove the skin and bones and flake it with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and set aside.
- Put the olive oil and the chopped onion in a frying pan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the cod, season with thyme, paprika and pepper and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the béchamel, the whipping cream and the egg yolk.
- Add the tagliatelle and the béchamel mixture to the frying pan and mix well. Cook for more 2 to 3 minutes and turn off the heat. Sprinkle with dried coriander leaves and serve.