Creamy yoghurt cake2015-06-12
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
A very tasty cake and easy to prepare. It’s the ideal recipe for a Sunday breakfast in family. What are you waiting for?
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) natural yoghurt
- 5 eggs
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid caramel
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (approximately 23 x 7 centimeters / (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks together with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Pour the yoghurt and the liquid caramel and mix for 1 to 2 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. After well beaten, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until it starts to gain color (just like on the picture) and in the middle is a little bit higher than the rest of the cake, about 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven, unmold and allow to cool to room temperature. Serve garnished with powdered sugar.