Delicious fruit cake2015-03-22
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
This our recipe is delicious and alternative, light and fresh fruit cake, ideal to serve with iced tea on a Summer afternoon with friends.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) softened margarine
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) dried grapes
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) walnut kernels
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) almonds in shell
- 130 grams / (4 2/3 ounces) candied cherries
- 2 tablespoons Port wine
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (27 x 10 centimeters / (10 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the margarine with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the eggs and the Port wine and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the candied cherries, a tablespoon flour, the dried grapes, the walnuts and the almonds. Add this mixture to the dough and fold with the help of a spatula.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices):
Total Fat: 20 g(31%)
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g(13%)
Cholesterol: 55 mg(18%)
Sodium: 125 mg(5%)
Total Carbohydrate: 41 g(14%)
Protein: 7 g