Dogfish in the oven2014-05-02
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:45 h
Rate this recipe:
Dogfish is a very nutritious and pleasant fish. Cook this our recipe that goes to the oven with potatoes.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 dogfish steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) white wine
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the dogfish with salt, lemon juice and pepper. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Peel and wash the potatoes. In a glass baking dish place the potatoes, the onions cut into round slices, the chopped garlics and the bay leaf. Drizzle everything with olive oil and white wine, season with pepper and bake the potatoes about 50 minutes until slightly golden.
- Then, remove briefly the baking dish from the oven, add the dogfish and place back in the oven about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 40 g(62%)
Saturated Fat: 7 g(35%)
Cholesterol: 200 mg(67%)
Sodium: 430 mg(18%)
Total Carbohydrate: 67 g(22%)
Protein: 54 g