- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
A family lunch is an excellent opportunity to gather everyone at the table and the chosen dish has to be tasty and enjoyable for everyone. This dogfish stew recipe is an excellent choice, with the taste of bread fried in olive oil. Try it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 dogfish steaks (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces))
- 4 bread slices
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 large onion
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) water
- Coriander (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Place 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, the onion cut into round slices, chopped garlics and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato starts to break down. Pour to water and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat, add the dogfish and season with a little salt, pepper and paprika. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- In a skillet, heat over low heat the remaining olive oil. Add the bread slices and fry them on both sides until golden.
- Place the bread slices in the bottom of the dishes and the dogfish on top. Drizzle with the broth and serve.