Economic cod in the oven2014-05-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
A cod recipe that goes in the oven with potatoes and onions cut into round slices, seasoned with garlic, pepper and bay leaf, drizzled with olive oil.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the cod steaks in a pan with water. Leave to cook about five minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it, remove the skins and the spines and shred into slivers. Set aside.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cook them in a pan with water seasoned with salt. When the potatoes are cooked cut them into round slices.
- In a glass baking dish, place a layer of onions cut into round slices, a layer of potatoes and, finally, the shredded cod. Season with a bay leaf, unpeeled crushed garlics and pepper. Drizzle everything with olive oil and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 36 g(55%)
Saturated Fat: 5 g(25%)
Cholesterol: 80 mg(27%)
Sodium: 320 mg(13%)
Total Carbohydrate: 56 g(19%)
Protein: 41 g