Egg white cake2015-10-04
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Have invited your friends for a snack and do not know what to do? This egg white cake is the solution, simple and great to serve with coffee!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 5 egg whites
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) softened margarine
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 175 grams / (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- Some drops of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (approximately 24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the softened margarine, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a very creamy mixture. Pour the milk, olive oil, and the liquid caramel and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. After everything well beaten, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites with some lemon drops.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve with a nice hot coffee.
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices):
Total Fat: 8 g(12%)
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g(8%)
Cholesterol: 0 mg(0%)
Sodium: 135 mg(6%)
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g(9%)
Protein: 4 g